Boston, MA, USA
About This Position
Luminoso believes in democratizing AI, so that the smallest companies to the largest can tap into the insights held within their unstructured text feedback. The design challenge is to extend Luminoso’s common-sense AI philosophy to a common-sense user flow, which feels as intuitive to a business analyst as it does to a machine learning analyst. The UX Designer role will be innovating the user experience to pair with the power of our QuickLearn® natural language technology.
The first major project for this role will be to increase the learnability of our system. You will suggest changes to existing interactions, as well as creating an integrated help and tutorial system.
We are seeking an individual who is fluent in one or more of learning design, interaction design, usability, design systems, prototyping and user testing and research.
For this role, we value individuals who:
● Can understand and explain complex concepts
● Have a natural ability to uncover stories in data
● Express a design perspective with confidence and humility, grounded in solid principles
● Stand sentinel over interactivity details and best practices
● Fluidly switch between user research, user experience, and product design
● Aren’t afraid to geek out about their passions
Design Team Responsibilities
As a member of the design team, you will also work on the following.
● Build consensus within the company around who we build for, and what they need
Keep your ear to the ground through customer interviews, global field team debriefs, and industry chatter
Design, execute, and synthesize findings from rapid user research cycles
Collaboratively or independently create whichever artifacts are best suited to the design challenge (such as personas, customer journey maps, flow diagrams, hand-drawn wireframes, hi-fidelity designs, and prototypes)
Communicate direction and design value through writing, presentations, and visualizing solutions on a spectrum from abstract to concrete
Define the look and feel of the Luminoso product suite broadly
● Craft intuitive, clear interfaces for users from diverse backgrounds
Develop and manage efficient design systems with the frontend development lead
Create graphic assets and components for prototyping and production-quality software
Keep pace with a small but mighty cross-functional team of product, researchers, developers, and marketers as they seek to create iterative customer value
Pay attention to the latest thinking in interaction, usability and layout using the latest web technologies and industry standards
Set up and maintain systems to qualitatively and quantitatively measure feature success
● A solid understanding of user-centered design principles
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Familiarity with web development or the technical demands of implementing UI designs in browsers
● 2+ years of UI/UX or product design experience, especially with complex systems
● Experience with user testing
● Experience with software as a service (SaaS) user onboarding a plus
● Coding experience a plus
● Visual design experience a plus
Please apply, including examples of work which show thoughtful process, attractive design, and problem solving skills, at email@example.com.
Luminoso builds text analytics products for analyzing conversational text data like support tickets, open-ended survey responses, and reviews. Using common-sense artificial intelligence to understand language, we empower organizations to discover, interpret, and act on what people are telling them. Requiring little setup, maintenance, or training, Luminoso combines world-leading natural language understanding technology with a vast knowledge base to learn words from context – like humans do – and instantly analyze text without libraries. Our products provide native support in 15 languages, so leaders can explore text data, make sense of feedback, and surface business-critical insights.
Luminoso is privately held and headquartered in Boston, MA.