Boston, MA, USA
Junior Software Engineer
About this position
Luminoso is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join the team that develops our flagship Daylight product. Our software has some powerful natural language processing and machine learning science at its core, and we're currently focusing on building out a richer feature set that will make this science more easily accessible to our users. Projects you might work on include supporting the development of richer data visualization tools for our UI, adding more guided workflows in the UI to improve useability, making our API cleaner and more consistent, and improving our infrastructure to make our product more performant and scalable.
For this role, we value an individual who:
● is a self-directed learner and enjoys finding your way around new tools and environments
● enjoys collaborating, communicating, and sharing your knowledge with others
● gets excited about going into gnarly old code to make it easier to work with
Any experience with test driven development, refactoring, pair programming, or mob programming will really set you apart!
● Write clean, well-tested Python code
● Effectively implement designs in HTML and CSS
● Work with business stakeholders to identify and refine new features
● Incrementally improve the architecture of the Daylight application through refactoring and design discussions with the team
● Collaborate closely with other developers through pair programming, mob programming, and pull request review
● Help the entire team improve continuously through weekly sprint retrospectives
We require basic working knowledge of the following:
● Python 3
● Developing API-based web applications
We don't require you to have experience with the rest of our tool stack, but other tools we use include:
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Luminoso builds text analytics products for analyzing conversational text data like support tickets, open-ended survey responses, and reviews. Using common-sense artificial intelligence to understand language, we empower organizations to discover, interpret, and act on what people are telling them. Requiring little setup, maintenance, or training, Luminoso combines world-leading natural language understanding technology with a vast knowledge base to learn words from context – like humans do – and instantly analyze text without libraries. Our products provide native support in 15 languages, so leaders can explore text data, make sense of feedback, and surface business-critical insights.
Luminoso is privately held and headquartered in Boston, MA.